7.21.2008

crazy weather and stirling days


















We are having some weird weather lately, it seems like everynight a huge storm rolls in and causes destruction of some type or another. The day I took the above pictures of the clouds it was so nice, then all of a sudden BLACK outside. It got so windy and scary out, the power was out for 4 hours. I guess that out near Grassy Lake and Burdett there was a tornado that came through and ripped down some brand new grain silos and flipped a couple trailer trash homes right over! Yikes!! It was pretty scary!  But anyways, enough of that. I have decided that I LOVE STIRLING. I know it might sound pretty lame, but we spent Saturday there this weekend with Steve and Alida and I had so much fun! We went to the parade in the morning then had a bbq burger and played at the nice parks for a long, long time. We went back for naps at Steve and Lida's then we ate some more food, watched some UFC fights and then headed out for the family dance. This part of the night was hilarious, they blocked of a section of the street beside the outdoor pool and everyone danced like crazy. Will thought this was awesome, it was so funny to watch him and Gracie dance. Andy and I left before the fireworks started, but on our way out of town we saw them shooting up so we pulled into a little side road and watched from far back. It was so fun, I always get a little emosh when we can do special little things all together as a family, since it doesn't happen that often! Even if it was sitting on a dirt road watching fireworks from Stirling Days, it was such a nice little moment for our family. Anyways we'll be getting our fair share of parades and fireworks this summer because this weekend coming up is Barnwell Days. I hear it's going to be fun, and it probably will be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun times! Did you go to the Barnwell celebration today? I hope you did - we love the picture of Will, his dance moves look awesome!