7.20.2010

here comes another, kinda like the other.

I was just looking through some of our old pictures and noticed a random picture of some sort of casserole. Upon closer inspection I realized it was my 3 cheese manicotti, that I must have taken a picture of so that I could post the recipe on here. So this one has been a long time coming... It's easy, delicious and if you make it I guarantee your family will love you even more then they already do. If you've made those enchiladas from a couple posts back I'm sure you already know about that love-y family thing by now.

Anyways here it is...and here's the recipe...

3 CHEESE MANICOTTI

1 8oz package of manicotti shells
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese ( I always buy the kraft pre-shredded super stretchy mozzarella), divided
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 egg
2 tbsp dried basil
2 (26 oz.) jars pasta sauce

* I always trick my kids and cut up a red and yellow pepper REALLY really really small and mix it into the cheese mixture.

DIRECTIONS
  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add manicotti and cook for about 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
  2. Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  3. In a bowl mix 3 cups mozzarella cheese, ricotta, 1/2 cup parmesan, garlic, egg and basil. * remember to be tricky and put in those peppers* Stuff cooked manicotti with the mixture.
  4. Spread about 2 cups pasta sauce over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange stuffed manicotti in the dish, and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining cup of mozza cheese.
  5. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and continue baking for about 10 minutes, until the mozzarella the melted and bubbly.



1 comment:

Nichelle said...

nice!
i love how you post recipes. keep 'em coming!!