Yesterday we went to Walmart. (I know the greeter on a first name basis, I even know the name of her cat. So we go to Walmart a lot.) Anywho. As we were perusing the aisles, Will started to sing REALLY LOUD. He was singing, I BELONG TO THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAAAAAAAAAINTS!! I KNOW WHO I AM, I KNOW GOD'S PLAN.......ETC....... I told him to be quiet. He sang even louder. I kept telling him to SHUUUUSH and he just wouldn't stop. I was starting to get flustered, embarassed, a little red-faced even. Then I thought about it, why was I getting all in a huff? I thought, if Will was singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star really loud would I be embarrassed then? Probably not, I would think it was cute. Just because it was a church song I was literally DYING! It brought to mind another time when we were at the library for the reading program and the librarian asked if the group wanted to sing a song, Will raised his hand up in a flash and announced that everyone should sing I am a Child of God. I was embarrassed then too!
I am not a missionary type, if you asked me to give a person a Book of Mormon, I'd probably barf. I am just shy about sharing the gospel. I decided that needs to change. I'm going to try to seek out opportunities to share the good news! I am going to try to pray for missionary experiences, which before I would purposefully leave that request out of my prayers. HA! none of that missionary stuff for me, no thanks!
Jesus said... except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
I never really believed people when they said , I learn so much from my children. That was before I had kids. So sing away little Will boy, sing away and next time I'll join you. Even if it is in the middle of Walmart.
4 comments:
wow. you go emily!
Love it, Em! Will is going to be a great missionary - obviously! And you already are - just by being an awesome friend and being you! XOXO
Amen!
It`s totally tough to share something that`s so special.
I just have to remind myself that the truth is tough, it`s bigger than me, and that alls I have to do is share what I know. The Lord makes up the difference!
Loved this, thanks for the inspiration, Emily :)
awww - cute post! maybe you should start with the greeter lady at walmart! good luck darlin and go will for belting it out like most of us adults would never do :)
Post a Comment