4.28.2010

muffins of all varieties.

I had a hankering for muffins tonight. I made these and they are DELISH!

Banana Bran Muffins

1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup natural bran
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
2-3 mashed bananas
1/2 cup buttermilk or sour milk*
2 tbsp molasses
3/4 cup raisins

* you can sour milk by adding 1 tbsp of vinegar into 1/2 cup milk

Mix oil, brown sugar and egg together. Stir in mashed bananas, buttermilk/sour milk and molasses. Add dry ingregients and raisins and stir just until moistened. Bake 375 degress for 20-25 minutes.


This little muffin is 2 months old today. She has all the right ingredients and I think everyone knows the directions on how to make one of these!!!


3 comments:

Life Is Golden said...

I JUST heard that little "sour milk" tip the other day... random...
I'm going to try this recipe...
your kids just keep getting cuter.

lynz said...

mmmm - can't wait to make those muffins! they look delish :) oh and your other little muffin is pretty delish herself!

Anonymous said...

Yum! Those look so good! Wish I had time to bake, or even make dinner. My poor starving family!